Saturday, January 26, 2013

Dancing Queen

You ever get that something in you that just makes you want to dance? I had the dancing bug today. I LOVE loud music at home when cleaning up. There was something about the music selection on my iPhone that made me shake it.

I danced like I was back in a club in the late 80s or early 90s. My heart rate was pumping. I was sweating. This my friends was a work out like no other. Dancing used to be my passion. I would go dancing 2-4 times a week. I like latin dancing, ballroom dancing, disco dancing, cajun dancing. I do it all, but today it was freestyle! It was like I had no control of my body, it was doing its own thing.

Of course I was home alone, everyone was out. At least I thought so. At one point I turned around and my husband was leaning on the door frame watching me. I have no idea how long he was there. I just went on my way and proceeded to dance. As Usher says, "So dance, dance, like it's the last, last night of your life, life."

I sure did do that and loved every minute of it. It's like I got that passion back. I have a little kick in my step today. What's going on with me? Is it the daily yoga practice? Is it the daily positive affirmations? I don't know, but I am liking this side of me that got lost somewhere in time.

No comments: