Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Happy New Year

My family and I spent the new year celebration in Breckenridge, Colorado. It was such a beautiful place, but cold.

Most of the days we spent them sledding. There is this public park, Carter Park that offers free sledding. You bring your sled and you sled as much or as little as you would like. My youngest would only go with me then I finally encouraged her to go alone and she was hooked. We had to drag her off the mountain kicking when it was time to go.
 Just hit a bump.
 Oh no, airborne!
Ouch on that landing.

Toward the end of the trip we decided to go skiing and snowboarding. What a mistake! My two older girls took skiing lessons as did my father. My sister, brother-in-law, niece, nephew, and I took snowboarding lessons. All the kids did great, but none of us adults.

My sister fell and got a concussion, my father agitated both shoulders, and my brother-in-law busted up his knee. I fell so much and am full of bruises. The last act was at the very end of my lesson. I was on the snowboard facing the mountain. I thought all was well when I lost my balance and leaned a little too far back and bam! I hit the snow at maybe a 135〫 angle. My whole body jolted and felt jarred. This ended my snowboarding experience.

Thank goodness for all of the other great memories Colorado brought us. It truly was a wonderful experience. I look forward to going again, but without snowboarding.




No comments: