Friday, December 21, 2012

Wind Blown

Happy Winter! Today sure is a blustery cold winter day. I am not complaining, it is just that we are not used to cold winter days like this. Even though it is only 43℉, that cool north wind blowing feels like it is about 30℉.

Yesterday the weather wreaked havoc in our area from the wind. There was an 18-wheeler carrying part of a mobile home that literally got wind swept right off the truck bed causing the shut down of I-10 in Slidell. In addition, there were many other incidences wind related like electricity outages, trees down, fences down, and other miscellaneous events.

My favorite movie-like event happened to me. I went shopping around 2:30 when the wind was in full force. As I was walking from one shop to the next, the wind literally picked me up. I was trying to hold on to a nearby car, but the wind got me. It was a true feat just to walk from point A to point B. It was CRAZY!

Stay warm!

No comments: