Friday, October 12, 2012

A Little Gardening

I decided to plant a few things this autumn and can't wait to post the pictures. I wanted to wait a few days before taking after pictures. It is so surprising how quickly they have sprouted.

The girls and I planted seeds for two types of lettuce, parsley, and coffee. It is a start. We hope to plant some herbs in the near future and other vegetables. Since this is so new to me, I am still trying to figure out what I can and cannot plant this time of year in the south.

Lucky for me there is the LSU AgCenter. They have been such a great resource. They were at New Orleans City Park's Fall Garden Show. There was so much to see and learn. Probably the only reason I am growing lettuce and parsley is because they offered free seeds. So, thank you LSU AgCenter for those seeds!

Pictures will be posted hopefully in the next week or so.

No comments: