Monday, August 17, 2009

Gluten Free...Again

Well, we are back to gluten free, AGAIN. First, it was SG about two years ago when we were trying to figure out some of her problems. Now it is MM. She has a super sensitivity to wheat, gluten, and dairy. Its no big deal for me, but try to tell a 3 year old she can't have pizza (not gluten free), snacks at school that the others are eating, and just about everything else.

I thought the hardest part would be getting her to quit drinking cow's milk, but it wasn't so bad. She is starting to dig rice and almond milk, mostly if it has chocolate in it.

Back to the gluten free (GF). I find there is a much greater selection at the grocery, Wal-Mart, and Whole Foods than there was 2 years ago. Thank you Betty Crocker! We tried the new chocolate chip cookies. I would say they were pretty good since they were all gone the next day. I picked up a box of their brownie mix tonight. I just wish ole' Betty offered coupons for her products. GF sure is expensive.

I have a feeling I'll be writing about my experiences with all of the new gluten free products we try. Please let these new dietary habits make an impact on my sweet little one's health.

1 comment:

denisedenise said...

Good luck with all of that! So many are on GF regimens now that hopefully it will be easy to eat that way.