Wednesday, September 19, 2012

I'm Back, Time Permitting

Wow, it sure has been some time since my last post. But then again, who actually reads my blog? I was going to say my mother, but I'm not sure she even knows I have a blog. For reasons obvious (well, at least to me), life has been super crazy.

Our three girls (now 8, 6, and 4) are so busy. They have a greater social life than their parents. Between their numerous activities to birthday parties to summer camps, I am exhausted. In order to spend more time with them, I vowed I would ween off FaceBook and limit my internet time. This would be the main reason I have not posted.

I am learning to plan life a bit more efficiently these days. One of my greatest accomplishments is learning to plan a weekly menu. This task might take a few hours but, can save me tons of money and time each week. Yes, I fall off the wagon now and then, but for the most part it is a lifesaver.

In addition, I try to plan the night before. I always talked about doing some of these things, but now that I do them, it helps alleviate stress and chaos. For instance, I get all school bags and uniforms ready the night before. I also get everything set up for lunch that can be on the counter before going to bed. Another quick trick is to turn the dishwasher on before bedtime and unload it as soon as I wake up. We never knew if dishes were clean or dirty.

I am hoping with a few of my new time saving tips I will have more time to take care of myself. Hmm, here's an idea! If I start having more time for myself maybe I will post what I am able to do with my free (efficiently made) time.

Happy reading and I hope to post more often!

No comments: