Saturday, August 14, 2010

Return from Paradise

This week we came home from a week in paradise. It was so lovely. The most incredible part was that we were gone for 6 nights/7 days without the children. That means just FG and me for 1 whole week.

I guess you are wondering where we went, right? It was Puerto Morelos, Mexico on the Riviera Maya coast. The Ocean Coral and Turquesa was the place for us last week. We chose to upgrade to the privilege package. It was so awesome. Not only was it an all-inclusive, but with this option, we had a beach butler, private beach, an exclusive lounge, reservations to the very busy restaurants, a pillow menu, and so many other little things that made you feel really special.

When we arrived to our suite, there was a chilled bottle of champagne, a half dozen of chocolate covered strawberries, and a birthday cake waiting for us. Did I mention I was celebrating my 40th birthday? That was the main reason we took this holiday. One of my favorite parts to the room was the outdoor shower on our balcony. I believe I used it most days.

Because of our adventurous spirit, we couldn't just stay at the resort, although you could and be entertained 24/7. We hopped in our rental car sans radio, but at least we had air conditioning, and did like Dora and explored. Our destinations were the town of Puerto Morelos, Playa del Carmen, Tulum, the Jungle Spa, and Cenote Crystal.

Still, my favorite area is Tulum. The beach and ocean are so beautiful in this part of Mexico, more so than the other spots, but don't tell anyone, it's my secret okay.

No comments: