Sunday, September 6, 2009

I've Been Threaded

I wish I had a before and after picture to show you the results. I was out shopping yesterday at the mall with my family when I saw something that seemed quite intriguing. It was a threading booth which I had never seen before. I've heard about it, but this was the first time I actually saw it done.

I stopped to look and was very much impressed, but soon after went on my way. There was something about it that drew me back. I did it. I agreed to let them them thread my eyebrows. To give you a bit of history, I have the bushiest eyebrows which have never been kept up in quite some time. They were a mess.

I sat down and the chair reclined. The lady got her thread and started her magic. Well, either she is a sadist or I am a masochist. That was some painful. I am not sure if the actual pulling of the hairs bothered me the most or the sound of the thread being wound up when it was moved back and forth. Ouch!

I do have beautifully arched eyebrows, but yikes, it sure was a painful five minutes to get there. As they say, "you have to suffer to be beautiful."

1 comment:

denisedenise said...

I got threaded once. Once. And I will never. Ever. Do it again. Ever. But, I bet your eyebrows do look wonderful!