Wednesday, September 8, 2010

Is 40 Really Fabulous?

Ok, so I turned 40 a few weeks ago and things just aren't right. Leading up too that point I was taking care of me and my health. But something happened. It is as though a switch was turned off (or on) and everything has gone downhill.

Is this typical for this milestone? So, here's what I am talking about. I have acne. I am a 40 year old with acne. I never had this problem before, not even in my pubescent days. I have been eating like a ravenous beast. I put on a few pounds, but the problem is that it has distributed itself in the thigh area. I have been the same weight for about 15 years +/- a pound here and there. Before, I never really liked to eat chocolate, but now I hoard it and have it tucked away so that the kids won't find it. I want it all to myself. This is just crazy! C-R-A-Z-Y ......I say.

I exercise and I don't get the results that I used to get. Maybe because I am eating like a ravenous beast, oh I mentioned that already. I realize I don't have and I probably won't have my tight 30 year old body, but good golly geez, why can't I get some results from my exercise routine?

In addition to all those things, my hormones have gone wacky and I am loosing my hair. Please tell me fabulous is somewhere around the corner waiting for me.

No comments: