Tuesday, August 28, 2007

I like to move it, move it

Yesterday, the girls and I went to Target for some shopping. It was just a typical shopping adventure except, SG started to sing. She will remember the catchy phrases of a song and just sing it repeatedly.

We watched the movie Madagascar recently. She absolutely loved the song that goes, "I like to move it, move it. I like to groove it, groove it." The only problem is that she leaves out some of the words.

Now, to continue my Target story. We were shopping along and we were singing the song together. Then she was singing on her own. We were going down an aisle with several people and baskets. The women were looking at me with looks of awe and offense. At first I really had no idea why.

Then it clicked. SG wasn't singing the whole phrase from the song, just bits and pieces. She was just singing "move it, move it" repeatedly. This is why I was getting the one eyed stares. If the people only knew she was only singing a harmless little song. They probably thought she was being rude and asking them to , well move. Oh well, I am sure I won't see any of those people again.

"I like to move it, move it. I like to groove it, groove it."

No comments: