Monday, April 9, 2007

Tattletale

Saturday our family came over for the annual crawfish boil. Everything went well, but there is one niece and one nephew that drives me nuts. My poor child cannot do anything without one of the two "telling" on her.

Granted my daughter is only 2 1/2 years old, she is very independent. She has been potty trained for quite some time. I get a tug on my shirt from my niece to say my daughter went to the bathroom. Well, yes, that is what we do when we have to pee. I guess that is what happens when you are still wearing "pullups" at age 5.

My nephew whines to me that SG is eating candy. Okay, I say. Normally she doesn't eat candy because she becomes a firecracker after large amounts of sugar. So, I try to be nice and explain to him that it is Easter and it isn't often she gets this "candy opportunity".

Next my nephew was chasing SG. She got tired of it and started chasing him and pulled his shirt. Well, he has to run to me to tattle on her for pulling his shirt. Over the course of the day, between the two of them, they tattled on my daughter at least a dozen times. Some of the stupid stuff was because she moved a chair, brought her sippy cup in her room (which I allow), and she ate just the hotdog instead of the hotdog with the bun.

This gets so old. I know she likes playing with her cousins, but I don't like it because I don't want her to get these annoying habits. Oh, I hope my child does not become the annoying tattletale.

No comments: